If you want to anticipate the tactics used by your insurance company and ensure you get the best settlement, don’t do this alone. You can work with the best personal injury company and avoid the insurance adjuster from taking advantage of your negotiation process. If you are to file your personal injury case under the first party claim process, you must understand the claim process, which may differ from other claim processes, such as a third party.
What You Need To Know When Negotiating A First Party Claim
If you want to file a first-party claim, make sure you understand the basics. In this way, the insurance company may not deny your claim or reduce your financial recovery. You only need to know how to handle the insurance adjuster:
- Ensure timely notification: Once an injury occurs, you don’t take all the time to inform the insurance company about the injury. It makes sense to have a personal injury lawyer handle your case if you have suffered severe injuries or have personal property damage. For instance, if you have been involved in a car accident, the first thing is to let your car insurance know there has been an accident. Again, when the insurance adjuster learns that you intend to file a claim against their insured through your lawyer, it makes them handle your case in a special way.
- Be keen on any medical examination requested: Mostly likely, your insurance company may request to have an independent medical examination conducted. If this is the case, you want to be sure that the insurance company will pay for the test. This may be evident in writing. Besides, you want to make sure the exam conducted relates to the injury in question.
- Make sure to authorize the release of your medical or income records:If the insurance company wants your medical records or the income you generate, you must authorize the release.
In a nutshell, to get the best value out of your claim, remember to be:
- Organized and make sure to have all the details given in writing.
- Don’t be in a hurry to obtain a settlement.
- Believe in the facts you have present and be patient.
Making the claim adjuster understand your claim process will go a long way in helping you obtaining the best from your claim. . You can note arguments directed to unfair settlement tactics by the insurance adjuster with the right legal information.
Having A Successful Personal Injury Claim Negotiation
Just like you negotiate when buying a product or a service, personal injury negotiation settlements are the same way. Either side struggles to gain an advantage. The back and forth arguments are what determines whether you will get fair compensation or not. The main factor determining whether you will get the right financial recovery is how well you will be prepared with the proper evidence and how you will respond to questions. If you don't want to take a chance and limit your compensation, then the only option is to have a personal injury lawyer guide you through the process. You should not settle for less than what your injuries are worth.