Motorcycle accidents pose more serious injuries compared to car drivers; this is because they don’t have the protection offered by a vehicle such as seatbelts or airbags. In the event of a motorcycle accident, the rider mostly ends up being injured. If you have had a motorcycle accident and were never injured, count yourself lucky. However, you shouldn’t ignore going to the hospital for a thorough medical checkup. According to the National Highways Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), motorcycles always face more serious accidents and injury risks.
Ways To Increase Your Motorcycle Accident Compensation.
- Seek medical attention:You may not feel pain immediately due to adrenaline being released into your system after the accident. You may have sustained injuries that could lead to pain after a few days. Thus, it’s good to seek medical attention. If you delay, the insurance company may argue that you never sustained serious injuries. Ensure that you don’t sign any medical authorization form. This is a technique used by insurance companies to get anything they can use to claim you have a pre-existing condition other than the one caused by accident.
- Don’t exaggerate your injuries:The insurance company may give you a lesser settlement or avoid paying for the damages. This is if they realize you gave higher limits other than what you suffered from.
- Assess the damage and get details:You should inspect your motorcycle from wheel to wheel to evaluate the categories of damages you may have suffered. Determining damages can be stressful, especially if you decide to do it alone.
- Have evidence:The phone is one important gadget to use during this time. Take as many pictures as possible. Maintain any record related to medical such as the doctor’s notes on when you should return to work or other related to the event. The later can help you recover from the lost wages. This is important since the insurance company will also thoroughly investigate the facts and evidence to make the lowest claims as possible.
- Don’t accept a quick settlement:Though you may require money to take care of expenses incurred, don't be tempted to take that check being offered by the insurance company. Being too eager can make any insurance adjuster would want to settle your case quickly to avoid further costs. Remember when you accept the offer, you can’t go back to seek further compensation.
- Don’t delay in filing your claim:Your motorcycle case may have a statute of limitations. If you don’t file within the given time, it’s maybe too late to receive compensation.
Seeking Legal Help
Contacting experienced motorcycle injury attorneys can be the best decision to make for your motorcycle accident claim. An experienced lawyer will help you focus on your healing as he/she gets along with the hassles of your case. You should be transparent to your attorney. In case you had prior motorcycles accidents and suffered injuries, don’t hesitate to mention them. If you don’t tell the truth, this could ruin your credibility altogether. Again, no lawyer will agree to represent you if he/she discovers you’re not honest. Studies show that plaintiffs who hire a lawyer get maximum compensation compared to those who face it alone.