Getting a motorcycle accident can be devastating and shocking when you think about the aftermath of damages. These accidents are intrinsically more dangerous than car accidents. You can experience head injuries or road rash that may cost your life. Failure to get the right compensation after a motorcycle accident can make you lose thousands of monies. More severely, you may have to pay aftermath expenses from your pocket. This is the reason why it is critical to look for a lawyer who can make sure you get compensated on what’s yours rightfully.
Many factors cause motorcycle accidents despite the manufacturers having the best possible gadgets to dodge crashing. Accidents involving motorcycles can cause trauma to the affected. Motorcycle injury attorneys can help you recover from the loss.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Lane splitting
- Alcohol use and speeding
- A head-on collision with fixed objects
- Cars making left-hand turns
A lawyer can help you identify them to determine what happened during the motorcycle crash and give advice on what to do to recover from damages. This will help get your life back on track. Speaking with an attorney first ensures you understand the legal actions available at your disposal.
Why Do I Need To Get a Lawyer After My Motorcycle Accident?
It’s normal to assume that the motorcycle accident aftereffects requires less than submitting your claim to an insurance company. However, it’s not that simple. Every insurance company works to protect their profits. They work hard to see you receive the lowest amount for your case. By the time you receive what belongs to you, you realize it can’t even pay half of your expenses. That’s why it’s essential to look for experienced lawyers who can help you receive the compensation you deserve.
What Types of Damages Can I Receive?
It worth noting that talking to an insurance company first may reduce or deny you the damages you are rightfully supposed to receive. Many damages can happen after a motorcycle accident. Some of the common damages that you can receive include:
- Medical bills: These can be medical bills incurred after the accident and in the future.
- Motorcycle repairs: This can include repairs done to the motorcycle or even a total loss if the repairs costs exceed the motorcycle value.
- Pain and suffering: This is the pain you undergo every day as you perform your tasks. It can also be termed as mental suffering that has to do with trauma and the experience in dealing with the motorcycle accident.
- Lost wages: We can term this as the loss of earning capacity. This is whatever you should be receiving now and in the future. But this depends on your current situation.
- Punitive damages: these are damages that exceed simple compensation; they can result in punishment of repugnant conduct.
Experienced attorneys always have what it takes to see you understand what you’re entitled to. Always ensure you contact a motorcycle lawyer to receive the right compensation for your property damage or injuries.