According to research, 30-50 people die due to dog bites each year in the United States. A dog bite introduces dangerous bacteria into the body, and if not treated immediately, it can lead to the death of the victim. Though a dog is referred to as a man's best friend due to its companionship, it can cause severe injuries to adults or children. Attorneys in Wasilla Ak understand that the experience of a dog bite can be terrifying. They also know that aggressive behavior in a dog can be as a result of a negligent owner. In Anchorage, if a dog has injured you, it’s the responsibility of the owner to cater to medical expenses and you have a right to take legal action against the owner.
One Bite Rule In Alaska
According to Alaska dog bite law, if a dog beats you, you can recover compensation under negligence. They follow the one-bite rule, which means that an individual can be held liable if a dog attacks or inflict injury by a bite or anything else such as scratch. Meaning, the dog have had the treacherous tendency to inflict such injuries, and the defendant was aware or knew about the tendency. However, other behavior may also be used in determining whether the owner knew about the dog’s capability to bite someone. Some of these behaviors include:
- History of the dog biting
- History of threatening behavior or terrifying people
- History of fight training
Why You Need A Lawyer in Alaska
After experiencing a dog bite injury, you may feel confused and wonder what to do. Seeking legal help may not even be among your top priorities. However, it would help if you determined whether the bite was due to negligence. If this is so, you will be compensated. If you try to negotiate with the insurance company, this may find you with a lot of medical bills to pay at the end. Below are reasons why you may need a dog bite lawyer:
- Experience:A dog bite lawyer understands how to deal with dog cases since he/she has dealt with many dog bites cases before. It would help if you had someone who has the experience to fight for your rights. Someone who will act in your best interests to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve
- Conversant with dog bite laws:Each state has dog bite laws governing different types of claims. A lawyer who deals with dog bite injuries in Alaska may be in a position to assist you in getting compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, or any other damage you suffered concerning the bite.
- Excellent negotiation skills:A dog bite attorney has the necessary skills needed to fight with the insurance companies. He/she is capable of investigating your case thoroughly to provide the best compensation.
Dog bites are prevalent in Alaska. If a dog has injured you, don’t wait to seek legal support. It’s essential to know your rights concerning dog bites. A good lawyer will always advocate for the right compensation by achieving successful results.